Sunday 2 March 2014

Harry Simon Parkinson. Born in a hospital on fire, my mother always criticises my father of caring more about the fire engines than my birth. I grew up in a quiet suburban street where both my mother and father lived before and after separating when I was age 4. The reality of most of my life has revolved around the coming and going of family members. I feel as though these occurrences have shaped me into a strong and resilient young man.

I have lived in Auckland my whole life so coming down to Wellington for university is a large step for me and my family. I feel as though the experiences i encounter will sculpt me into a successful man by the end of my time.

I am studying Industrial Design because I feel that in the growing world there is going to be more requirement for people to be designing products faster and better than ever. This course will help me to hone in my skills so that I can one day be designing and making objects used today and objects that haven't been thought of to help people all over the world. Design and Technology have been a large part of my life due to the large amount of time I put into the subject throughout my schooling. 

I love my friends and family because they all push me to do my best and are always there for me in times of need. They will always be my back bone. I will give it my all in everything I do knowing that they are all right behind me, even when I am separated by half a country.

No comments:

Post a Comment